Beat Defeat! Strategies for the Overwhelmed

What's on your 'To Do' list for this week? Are you overwhelmed at just the thought? Or, do you look forward to checking off each task as they are completed?

Do you push the least desirable chore to the bottom of the list - hoping somehow that it might miraculously get done on its own? "Where to start?" is a question that can seem to have no simple answer.

Often when I've felt overwhelmed, I find myself coping by stress eating or binge watching a favorite show. On my better days, I turn my anxious energy into more positive outcomes - while still ignoring my personal To Do's. I take a friend to lunch, pray extra or get crafty and deliver a little gift of love to someone that is having a much harder time in life than I.

And then there have been moments when God sends a great resource my way. A few words in a text or email, nestled within a song or held within a Bible verse like Isaiah 50:7 - "Because the Lord God helps me, I will not be dismayed; therefore, I have set my face like flint to do his will, and I know that I will triumph." Instantly, life is brightened. My priorities are put back on track and my burdens are placed back into God's hands to handle. My worldly burdens are replaced by a sweet grace and freedom to simply move forward one step at a time.

Two great resources that have recently been sent my way are listed below with links. They've blessed both me and some young moms in my life. Perhaps they are heaven sent for you as well - either to be encouraged personally or to share with a friend. With God's help we can all beat feelings of defeat and instead allow God's grace to carry us through to the next step. May you be blessed by theses testimonies and words of encouragement today!

"Do The Next Thing" - an inspirational glimpse into the life of missionary Elizabeth Elliott following the death of her husband.

http://everlypleasant.com/do-the-next-thing-by-elisabeth-elliot/?fbclid=IwAR30gFuy8WLS96qjMZfDOEhm4Mx49_X_VJ1OkiKyMLs9dFBaWnkd_46_cqI

Midnight Mom Devotional

https://m.facebook.com/MidnightMomDevotional/

Do you have a 'go to' website, devotional or verse that helps you keep the demands of life from overwhelming you? Click on the Comment button at yokemates.blogspot.com and share those resources with our fellow yokemates!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make the Connection!

Overwhelmed, Underwhelmed or Simply Unmotivated

Bathroom Gymnastics?