Thankful For The Gift of Prayer


“Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.” Isaiah 58:9



This past week has been filled with many answered prayers. Some I couldn’t share with others, some I was able to rejoice with others in. What an amazing gift God has given us in the gift of friendship and conversation with the Almighty! And, to be able to go directly to Him through His Son, Jesus, is beyond wonderful. There are no busy signals, empty texts, lost contacts or dead air spaces to deal with. He listens at any time and no matter what our mood. He just loves to hear from us and to share His heart with us as well. Through scriptures, songs, nature, friends, pastors, Bible studies and even children.

Prayer – the gift of intimate conversation with our Creator and Savior. What a blessing we have to be thankful for each and every day!

My devotions this morning were a compilation of Scriptures and they reaffirmed all that God had been sharing with me in the days prior. Knowing my words are just that, my words, I wanted to share God’s Word with you today. The scripture references will be listed below if you’d like to do some further study, and the version that is used is the Living Bible. So, please just enjoy these words from the Father. The One who loves to hear from you. The One who knows your heart before you can even put it into words. The One who longs to have a conversation with you each and every day. 

He is listening!


“My eyes are ever looking to the Lord for help.”

“Is anything too hard for God?”  -  “Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him to help you do it and he will.”  -  “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs and don’t forget to thank him for his answers.”  -  “Let him have all your worries and cares, for he is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you.”  -  “Be delighted with the Lord. Then he will give you all your heart’s desires.”

“When Moses and Aaron and Samuel, his prophets, cried to him for help, he answered them. He spoke to them from the pillar of cloud and they followed his instructions.”

“I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking to me about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!”  -  “The earnest prayer of a righteous man has great power and wonderful results.”

“I love the Lord because he hears my prayers and answers them. Because he bends down and listens, I will pray as long as I breathe!”


My prayer for you today is that you may find encouragement and comfort in God’s words today, as I did. May you be ever “looking to the Lord for help.” May you live in the knowledge that God is ever near, just waiting for you to turn to Him.


 (Taken from In Touch: Psalm 25:15, Genesis 18:14, Psalm 37:5, Philippians 4:6, 1 Peter 5:7, Psalm 37:4, Psalm 99:6-7, Isaiah 65:24, James 5:16, Psalm 116:1-2)

-----------


yokemates.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make the Connection!

Overwhelmed, Underwhelmed or Simply Unmotivated

Bathroom Gymnastics?