We're In This Together

Do you find Sundays are both a blessing of soul and a challenge to your heart and mind? It is no doubt a challenge in all of our lives to successfully prepare and get ourselves – and our family – out the door and ready for a morning of worship and ministry. Some Sundays come with more challenge than others. When I'm in the shower and the phone rings, I never know whether to brace for chaos or a simple request. Did the computer crash? Is there water in the basement? Or, will I hear my husband’s calm voice saying “Making sure you were up!”

Whether everything is running smoothly or if we're feeling a bit frazzled, I’m convinced that the enemy is always watching for ways to throw a kink into our day of worship. I'm sure it comes as no surprise that some Sundays I'm much better prepared than others. Can you relate? The goal is always to find ways to bless and encourage those I encounter each Sunday, enter into a time of corporate worship and to participate in or lead a ministry. Some weeks it comes together better than others - at least from my perspective of things!

So, what is the reality of your home and heart on Sunday mornings? Do you hesitantly face them with dread and increasing exasperation? Do you whisper a prayer of "What am I forgetting, Lord?" as you finish up the last minute lunch prep, brush your teeth, scramble to print that document you meant to do last night and hurry to rush out the door? Or, are you able to calmly embrace Sundays with full confidence that God will guide you through the maze of inevitable challenges you will face – whether that is simply keeping track of your toddler's shoe that is constantly MIA or being bombarded at the  door with last minute requests, messages and well-intentioned greetings. Maybe I’m dreaming, but I’d like to think it may be possible, at least once in a while, to walk into church sensing God’s presence and assurance that whatever I may face, He is able. 

Our challenge is often simple - “Will I trust Him to guard my words, guide my heart and my prompt my actions as Sundays happen?”

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 
in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." 
Proverbs 3:5-6



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make the Connection!

Overwhelmed, Underwhelmed or Simply Unmotivated

Bathroom Gymnastics?