God’s So Much Bigger Than A Coincidence!


“Do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear…Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life.” Matthew 6:25-27

Worry. I’m not a big worrier, but when a time crunch looms overhead and no apparent solution to the situation has been made evident, I am tempted to worry. The goal is to turn any anxiety into a prayer. “God, you and I have a problem.” Some days I do better than others.

Our Heavenly Father is so gracious and takes care of each one of us – above and beyond what we deserve or can imagine. Even when I haven’t given all the necessary attention needed to fulfil a commitment, He still provides. The result - I am humbled and ecstatic all at the same time!

I don’t believe in coincidence, but I do believe in prayer.

Recently, we had some missionaries coming to stay in our area. We love them, and they are dear friends of ours. They asked us to look for some lodging for them – anyone with an open bed or two. Part of me wanted to advertise the need, part of me wanted to personally meet that need. What to do?

Share the blessing and ask others to consider stretching themselves. Be selfish and share our home. Make phone calls to individuals I think might be interested and would have the space needed or put a plea in the bulletin? Stretch myself a bit too thin on a busy week or book them at a local motel? Choices, choices.

We went with the bulletin announcement. It ran one week. It ran two weeks. We were down to the third week and our guests would be arriving in 3 more days. Time was getting short. Worry was creeping into my mind. Prayers were flying more and more often. “God, what do you think is best? Who do you want me to call? Do you want me to wait and see what you have in store? Is it time to call a motel?”

I decided I’d wait and see if anyone would ‘bite’ the next Sunday morning – and I would look for opportunities to talk to those who might have extra beds and would enjoy blessing our missionaries…and I kept praying!

It is no surprise that God showed up – and in the least expected way. Before church was over I had two offers for not just rooms – but whole houses! A whole house with no strings attached, no expense and lots of quiet refreshment. Wow! I didn’t see that one coming!

Above and beyond God providing beds, He also provided not one special time to connect with our friends, but four impromptu – but God-ordained – opportunities for my husband and I to spend time with our dear partners in ministry. He gave our guests a quiet space to truly feel refreshed after weeks of traveling and living out of a suitcase. They remarked several times that “This is just what we needed.” It was all in retrospect though. They didn’t know they needed the solitude. We didn’t know which way to turn for resourcing, but God knew just what this family needed. And He provided!

So, what have you been worrying about lately? Or, praying about? Don't let worry drag you down, keep trusting the One who can put all the pieces of life together and Wow! you with what only He can put together - and at just the right time.

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34

May this week be one of peace as you trust in your Heavenly Father to provide for you in amazing ways!




yokemates.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make the Connection!

Overwhelmed, Underwhelmed or Simply Unmotivated

Bathroom Gymnastics?