Trusting God to Care

Oh no! There she is, Lord. Why did I have to sit in this pew? How will I keep focused on you?

Pray for her.

But, she’s hurt me so badly. Every time I see her, the pain comes rushing back.

Pray for her.

Why is she with him? Does he know what hurt she can cause? I want to run and warn him!

That’s my job. Just pray for her.

I don’t trust her, Lord. She’s sweet one minute and caustic the next.

Pray for her.

You know how I wonder if she only speaks to me when she wants something. I hate being used, Lord.

I know you do, but pray for her anyway.

Why do my eyes keep wandering to her, I want to focus on your Word. 

You have a choice today. Where is your heart?

My heart is torn. I want to worship, but I'm so distracted.

Do you trust me?

Yes, Lord. I trust you. I just don’t like dealing with her, and I wasn’t expecting this today.

But, isn’t this what you have been praying for? For her to draw near to me. For there to be change. For her to truly come to know me (if she doesn’t).

Could I be witnessing answers to those prayers, Lord?

I've heard those prayers. I love you both.

It would be amazing to see change, Lord. I do want the best for her – deep down in my heart. I really do. Well, I really want to want the best for her. Work your will in her heart and in mine.

I've got this, but you must remember to keep praying for My will in all things.

Thank you, Lord, and please forgive me for my moment of panic, self-righteousness and fear. I do trust you. Help me to trust you more. Help me to love deeper. Help me to care even through the pain. Help me to see her with your eyes. Keep my heart from being hardened, Lord. Thank you for your ever-present protection. You are a merciful God, and I praise you for forgiving me. For giving second chances. For loving me no matter how often my faith wavers. Thank you for being the Almighty God!

“So do not be afraid of them, 
for there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden 
that will not be made known. What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; 
what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. 
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. 
Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. 
And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 
So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” 
Matthew 10:26-31


yokemates.blogspot.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make the Connection!

Overwhelmed, Underwhelmed or Simply Unmotivated

Bathroom Gymnastics?